Internal Associate Benefits
BalancePoint strives to offer benefits to our internal associates that enable them to maintain a work-life balance. With that in mind, we offer the following benefits to our full-time internal associates.
BalancePoint internal associates receive a half day (4 hours) off for their birthday. This half day can be taken within 2 days (either before or after) of their actual birthday.
An internal associate is eligible for holiday pay upon commencement of the first day of employment.
BalancePoint holidays are as follows:
- New Years Day
- Memorial Day
- 4th of July
- Labor Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
PAID TIME OFF (PTO)
PTO is available for all full-time internal associates.
BalancePoint offers medical insurance through United Healthcare, dental insurance through Delta Dental and vision insurance through VSP. All full-time internal associates are eligible for these benefits, along with their dependents.
BalancePoint offers Life and Accidental, Death & Dismemberment insurance through Guardian.
Employee Life $50,000
Long Term Disability 60% of employee’s salary after 90 days of disability
All Life, AD&D and LTD are paid 100% by BalancePoint
Additional Optional Life Insurance is available for employees to purchase for themselves, spouse and children. Guaranteed issue amount of $50,000 for employee, $30,000 for spouse, and $10,000 per child.
All internal associates who have completed 6 months of continuous employment with BalancePoint are eligible to participate in the 401k program. Consultants are eligible to enroll for 401k during the quarterly open enrollment period following their completion of 6 months. BalancePoint offers a match of up to 50% of the internal associates’s contribution, to a maximum of 2%. Therefore, if an internal associate contributes 4%, BalancePoint will match it at 2%. Merrill Lynch is the company that handles BalancePoint 401k funds. Additional details are provided at the time of employment.
529 EDUCATION SAVINGS PLANS
BalancePoint has chosen to partner with the following organizations:
- Learning Quest (Kansas Residents)
- The MOST program (Missouri Residents)
These programs offer our employees the option to open state sponsored 529 Education Savings plans for their children or family members. The state sponsored 529 plans provide a tax-advantaged way to invest for college. These accounts can be set up directly through Learning Quest and the MOST program, and can be deducted from their bi-weekly pay check.
CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Team community involvement: Each quarter, the CSR Committee (a team made up of various employees) gathers recommendations from internal associates and selects a charitable organization where the internal team can do volunteer work for an entire day. The CSR program continues to be a top priority to BalancePoint and this new team approach ensures there is 100% participation from all internal associates. At the end of the year, volunteer hours equate to approximately 1000 hours.
- Family Matters Program: Internal associates are given up to $500 per child, each year for sponsorship of various academic activities, 529 Savings Plans, athletic programs, and beyond. To date, we have spent over $10,000 in sponsorship for our BalancePoint families.
- CSR Goals: Internal associates are challenged with business goals that are essential for our business to grow. As the business grows, so does our commitment to our Children International sponsorship. We add children to our sponsorship when we meet our goals. This year, we have even set our goal higher and have made the commitment to our children even stronger. If the goals that have been set are met, our internal associates will take a trip to Guatemala to visit our Children International family (sponsored children). This is a goal that has brought a lot of excitement to our team and a renewed sense of urgency to achieve our goals.
Our internal associates have a very open and creative environment to work in. There are cubes in the environment that foster the open communication and camaraderie necessary for a highly productive team. Employee of the Month pictures are displayed on the walls to recognize those nominated by their peers as being an employee who displayed a strong adherence to our corporate core values during that month. In addition, BalancePoint’s core values, core processes and beliefs are posted clearly in the environment as a reminder of what the firm is all about.
BalancePoint has partnered with HeartStrings over the past two years. Heartstrings is a local organization that assists adults with developmental disabilities to live meaningful, independent, productive lives through interactions within the community. Members of the Heartstring organization come to BalancePoint every other week to provide “goody delivery”. This is where the Heartstrings participants have an opportunity to interact with our internal associates by selling their handmade goods while developing their business and life skills. Our internal associates look forward to these visits and love to interact with the Heart Strings staff.
Family Friendly Culture
Our internal work environment is family friendly. It is not uncommon to see one of our internal associate’s children in the office. BalancePoint also sponsors various events (Halloween parties, Bring Your Child to Work Day, Summer Parties, etc) for our internal associate’s family members.
The Corporate office offers a fitness center in the building free of charge. Internal associates can choose to work out over the lunch hour, before or after work in the fitness center. They are also allowed to bring their families to work out along with them.
BalancePoint also offers sponsorship for internal associates to participate in various team events that promote wellness. This year, BalancePoint has sponsored teams in the Waddell & Reed Kansas City Marathon and the Kansas City Electric Run. Other Wellness Program events include our team exercise competition, a wellness seminar, and an AED/CPR certification class.
Concerts, Sporting Events & Discount Programs
BalancePoint has partnered with Worlds of Fun, Oceans of Fun and Schlitterbahn for several years and offers discount season passes and tickets to the parks. In addition, BalancePoint purchases season tickets for the Kansas City Royals, Sporting KC and also has a suite at the Sprint Center for all of the various events that come to the Sprint Center each year. Our internal associates and clients have the opportunity to put their name in a raffle to win these tickets. This year, BalancePoint is adding discount tickets for the Kansas City Chiefs and to the KC Ballet.
For specific questions regarding benefits or insurance, please contact Elisa Wagoner, Human Resources.